Blessings, Michelle

Finishing up her final semester at seminary, this former news reporter looks forward to begin full-time Christian ministry in the Anglican tradition.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmore, Kentucky, United States

What you see is what you get.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Time for an update

I'm taking 11 hours this semester:
* Church History II
* John Wesley's Doctrine
* Christian Ethics
* World Religions
* Private voice lessons

It's busy and thought-provoking, especially John Wesley and Christian Ethics.

There's been a lot of recent excitement at my church in Lexington, Apostles Anglican. Apostles' bishop, Rt. Rev. Nathan Kyamanywa, is from Uganda and he visited for the first time last week (he's actually still in town). We had a flurry of activities with other local Anglican congregations. It's been really cool to meet him and his wife and to have them around to serve our clergy and laity. About 40 people from three congregations got confirmed by the bishop on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, good news from my parish in Bakersfield! They have called a rector, Fr. John Riebe. I am hopeful that this will be a good match and the beginning of exciting new things there.

This summer, I will be working at St. Joseph Hospital in Lexington as part of their Clinical Pastoral Education program. I will be taking chaplaincy classes with their pastoral care department and providing pastoral care to patients. This program will include an overnight shift each week, which I'm hoping I can adjust to. Fortunately, I usually have no problem taking naps (as some of you know!), so that will help. It will definitely be a stretching experience for me and, I believe, a really good learning experience.

Well, it's getting late and I got church in the morning, so I better end here.
One more thing though: It's difficult for me to stay in touch while I'm busy here at seminary, but know that "out of sight" is not "out of mind." I think of my dear friends who are far and away often and with prayers and affection.


Guide us waking, O Lord, and guard us sleeping;
that awake we may watch with Christ,
and asleep we may rest in peace. Amen.

(BCP 134)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home