Blessings, Michelle

Finishing up her final semester at seminary, this former news reporter looks forward to begin full-time Christian ministry in the Anglican tradition.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmore, Kentucky, United States

What you see is what you get.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Vocabulary Words

When I read, I try to keep a list of the words I come across that I'm not familiar with or I can't remember their exact definition. Here are some I came across in reading for my philosophy class.

equivocal: 1. subject to two or more interpretations and usually used to mislead or confuse 2. of uncertain nature or classification, uncertain disposition toward a person or thing: undecided, of doubtful advantage or genuineness


obeisance:
1. a movement of the body made in token of respect or submission: bow 2. deference, homage

predicate: 1. something that is affirmed or denied of the subject in a proposition in logic 2. affirm, declare 3. imply


unequivocal: 1. leaving no doubt: clear, unambiguous 2. unquestionable

univocal: having one meaning only

-- Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 10th ed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home