Blessings, Michelle

Finishing up her final semester at seminary, this former news reporter looks forward to begin full-time Christian ministry in the Anglican tradition.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmore, Kentucky, United States

What you see is what you get.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

A Time to Mourn and a Time to Help...

It's been hard for me to pause and pray for the victims of the tsunami because I almost don't want to shoulder the enormous pain. Empathy hurts.

And yet my heart is drawn to them in spite of itself. Lord, give me the willingness to pray.



Almighty and most merciful God, we remember before you all the poor and neglected whom it would be easy for us to forget: the homeless and the destitute, the old and the sick, the thirsty and hungry, the grieving, the lost and all who have none to care for them.
Help us and show us how to heal those who are broken in body or spirit, and to turn their sorrow into joy. Grant this, Father, for the love of your Son, who for our sake became poor, Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.


(adapted from The Book of Common Prayer, p. 826)


My plea for those who read this is my plea for myself. Be still and think on those who suffer. And pray. Remember them and pray.


What I ask next is really easier.

Make this burden your own by also contributing to their aid. If you believe you can't afford it, remember that neither could they.

Google "Tsunami aid" or feel free to check out one of these sites:

www.unicefusa.org

www.tidalwaverelieffund.com

www.ifrc.org

www.lwr.org


Thanks, friends, for listening.

Blessings for the new year.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home