Blessings, Michelle

Finishing up her final semester at seminary, this former news reporter looks forward to begin full-time Christian ministry in the Anglican tradition.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmore, Kentucky, United States

What you see is what you get.

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Feeling good on my birthday!

After a good day at work, that being helping kids at the elementary school, I picked up some mail. There were a couple birthday cards, including one with signatures by two people I didn't recognize (go figure)!

I picked up JamieLynn, she treated me to Fazoli's (fast food Italian) and then we preceeded to go to Stein Mart to return some items I got at Christmas and to shop, shop, shop! Two pairs of jeans, several tops and a black leather belt later, we were on the road.

After dropping JamieLynn off, I headed to my parents and was greeted with a rendition of "Happy Birthday" that they've sung to me over the phone for the past decade or so. But this time, it included smiles and hugs. We got Chinese food at my request and I had roasted duck with orange sauce ... mmmm! No it doesn't taste like chicken, it tastes more like pork. Yum!

We watched a Jeff Foxworthy DVD I gave them for Christmas along with the latest Jib-Jab production. And then, surprise!, there was cake and ice cream, complete with lit candles (only five) and the mandatory photos. ;)

When I got home, my answering machine was blinking and I was serenaded by "Happy Birthday" from two friends on one call and then another friend had called and sang, "Feliz Cumpleanos a Ti!" Oh, yeah, and then there were two more messages from people just saying "Happy Birthday!" Man, I felt glee. Am I loved or what? My friends are too cool.

Tomorrow, er, Saturday... I make lasagna -- I've already made blackberry pie -- and I might make banana bread for a party I'm having in the evening. It's a potluck/game night. Should be pretty fun. It's pretty much seminary friends. I've been wanting to have a social at my place and this seemed like a good occasion.

So, I'm feeling gratitude tonight for family, for old friends and for new ones. For the financial support I receive, but more than that, for just being remembered and loved.

Life is feeling pretty good... at 31.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

And then there was your dopey old friend Amanda who apparently forgot it was even January. Well, I'm glad you had a good one anyway! Happy belated! :) Blessings and joy to you for your 32nd year!

31/1/05 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home