Blessings, Michelle

Finishing up her final semester at seminary, this former news reporter looks forward to begin full-time Christian ministry in the Anglican tradition.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmore, Kentucky, United States

What you see is what you get.

Saturday, July 17, 2004

A sure thing

Ed. note: This is kinda a blast from the past. I wrote this July 16 in Bakersfield before I left and never published it. As God would have it, I met and had lunch with the same student body president mentioned in this blog just earlier this week.



I love Asbury and I know God wants me to be there.

Every once in a while, someone will say to me, "Yeah, and even if you find out that Asbury isn't... or seminary isn't..."

They don't get it. Asbury is. Seminary is.

Everytime I get something in the mail from these people, it makes me smile. Sometimes it makes me choke up.

The place seems like some kind of goodness epicenter with awesome vibes just emanating from it!

An example...

I got a letter today from the student body president. Among other things it said:

The Spirit is calling you to a deeper relationship.

It's been a long, long time since someone told me that God wants to have a deeper relationship with me; it caused me to pause. Wow, hadn't really thought of that. I guess He does, huh? Am I prepared for that? Well, no, but God can prepare me. (um, by the way, He can prepare you, too...)


1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Amen to that! :)

1/9/04 12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home