Blessings, Michelle

Finishing up her final semester at seminary, this former news reporter looks forward to begin full-time Christian ministry in the Anglican tradition.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmore, Kentucky, United States

What you see is what you get.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

My cat

Don't worry...
This is not going to be a posting where I talk about how precious and wonderful my cat is (although she is).

Rather, I'd like her to describe her day today:

This morning I meowed outside Michelle's door until she FINALLY got up and fed me. When I got done eating, I meowed some more because I wanted to hang out with someone and both her and Lisa's bedroom doors were closed.

Finally, Michelle came out of her room, came into the kitchen and made herself breakfast. I watched her eat. She also toasted some bread, got out some peanut butter and jelly and spread it on her toast and stuck the whole thing in a Ziploc sandwich bag. Then she grabbed a bag of Doritos and put it and the sandwich in a plastic grocery bag. She put it on the kitchen table and left for a couple minutes.

I had to jump up on the table and check it out! I got in the grocery bag and was able to pull out the sandwich bag with my teeth. I jumped down with the bag in my teeth and got under the futon and started gnawing through the plastic. I've done this several times before, so I've gotten pretty good at it! I smashed up one half the sandwich pretty well and was able to suck some of the peanut butter through the holes I made in the bag. It was pretty awesome!

And THEN! Michelle started yelling at me, grabbed my tail, but I was not going to let go of that sandwich. She swatted at me from behind so I ran out on the other side of the futon quite upset. Couldn't she see I was TRYING TO EAT???

Well, before I knew it, she grabbed the sandwich from under the futon and I howled, I was so upset. Then she picked me up and threw me in her bedroom and shut the door. I just don't understand how bizarre she acts toward me sometimes. She let me out a minute or two later and I went back under the futon to sniff around for crumbs.


Well, for some reason, she came home for lunch today. I was thrilled. I could smell the ham and cheese and told Michelle I wanted some. But, as usual, she refused. She took the grocery bag with the Doritos in it and stuck it on top of the refrigerator. I hardly ever go up there, but she left the kitchen and I thought it was worth getting up there. It was! Not only was there Doritos -- I chewed through the grocery bag and the Doritos bag, but still didn't manage to get to the chips -- there was a little cup of applesauce! I removed part of the top and had some of it. It was good! And it was fun eating up there on top of the refrigerator! But then Michelle came in, started yelling at me again and grabbed me from the refrigerator. She was carrying on after that. I don't know what her deal is today... I mean, really!

This afternoon, I watched Michelle get her clothes together and put them in her car. A couple hours she came back in with clothes on hangers and I noticed that with the wind blowing, the outside door was opening on its own. I thought it was cool how it did that and I decided to go outside. Michelle NEVER lets me go outside! But she didn't come running after me, though. I smelled the leaves on the ground and started to chew on the grass. Michelle spoke real nicely to me, but next thing I knew, she had me in her arms. Once we got in the house, I tried to get away from her, but she put me in the bathroom and shut the door. I started meowing. She let me out, though.

I really don't know what got into Michelle today, but I survived it. I hope she's in a better mood tomorrow!

See ya!

Ellie

2 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Wow, Michelle. You're so unreasonable. (:

28/3/07 1:47 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Michelle, I know how frustrating it can be when children don't do what you expect them to do, especially nonverbal children. Maybe Ellie is crying out for more attention from you. Maybe she needs more freedom to make her own choices. Or maybe she just needs a little more variety in her diet.

When you're feeling overwhelmed or angry, it's hard not to lash out, but try to remember she must be feeling the same way and can't express those feelings verbally. I'll be praying for patience and guidance as you seek wisdom from the Lord in this situation. Mothering is the hardest job you'll ever do. Hang in there.

;)

1/8/07 1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home